Child & Family Case Work:
Dóchas Family Centre has a team of Child & Family Case Workers who facilitate weekly sessions with children and provide a series of therapeutic interventions through a range of activities to help children with their emotions, self-esteem, behaviour and traumatic events in addition to providing a safe place to have fun with other children. Parents invest in weekly contact and participate in mirrored training/workshops to enable the organisation facilitate and support meaningful change. This work is based on the individual child need which has been identified through the an initial assessment process. Dóchas Child & Family Case Workers provide holistic support for up to 25 families and we work in line with our Child Safeguarding policy.
As a community based therapeutic support service we have a preferred informal approach to service provision, which is accessible to children & parents. We promote a relaxed atmosphere and are striving to become a trauma informed organisation. We empower families to work through issues using a reflective model as the experts on their lives.
Dochas Supports Children & Families in the Following Ways:
- Empowers children to manage BIG feelings
- Improves communication at home and school
- Reduces anxiety
- Improve school attendance
- Supports positive mental health & well being
- Alleviate and cope with feelings that are overwhelming
- Cope with family changes e.g., bereavement, separation & traumatic events
- Resolve family relationship difficulties/conflicts
- Supports children in the care of extended family
- Provides opportunities for parents to learn new skills
- Provide Psychotherapeutic support through Art & Family therapies