When making a referral Dóchas require as much information as possible and recommend that all referrers involve the family in this process (if the family is not making a ‘self-referral’) and ask the parent/s to sign the form as their informed consent is required; if you need to put information on a separate piece of paper please do so.
Completing a Referral Form is the first step and a referral is accepted after Dóchas has completed a more detailed assessment to see if we can help. If we cannot provide the level of support a family needs we will refer that family back to the relevant referring agency or onto another support service (where possible). Dóchas will inform the family or referring agency.
Referral Form – must be completed for all families.
Agency Support Form – if the family is receiving support from other agencies
Completed Referral Forms should be sent to: Claire McEwen, Director, Dochas Family Centre, Liscarne Gardens, Clondalkin Dublin D22 KF22
If you are still unsure about making a referral contact Claire, for an informal discussion on 01 623 4531
Criteria for Child & Family Work
- A Family identify a number of needs for which they require support.
- The child lives within the North Clondalkin geographic area.
- The child is (minimum) aged 7 and referred before they are aged 12.
- If the referral is accepted; parents will be required to have weekly contact with the team through home or Centre based visits where necessary.
- Completion of a referral form does not mean the referral is accepted or is appropriate to Dóchas Family Centre.
- Referrers are advised to contact Dóchas Family Centre to discuss making a referral in the first instance with the Director.
- Referral Form is completed in full with clear and accurate information.
- Referral information discussed with parents and parents must sign the referral.
- If a child is in foster care we cannot accept a referral unless we have written consent from the Social Worker.
- Note: Referrals for Dochas’s Family Therapy service will involve additional steps to assess suitability. There is currently a wait list for this support
Dóchas Family Centre provides family support at Level 3 of the Hardiker model and we link in with other agencies on a regular basis.