It is always best to call the Director to discuss the nature of the referral before completing the form. When making a referral Dóchas require as much information as possible and recommend that all referrers involve the family in this process (if the family is not making a ‘self-referral’) and ask the parent/s to sign the form as their informed consent is required.
Completing a Referral Form is the first step and a referral is only accepted after Dóchas has completed a more detailed assessment and deemed appropriate for support. If we cannot provide the level of support a family needs we will either refer that family back to the relevant referring agency or onto another support service (where possible). Dóchas will inform the family or referring agency.
If you are still unsure about a referral contact the Director for an informal discussion on 01 623 4531
Referral Criteria for Child & Family Work
- A Family identify a number of needs for which they require support.
- The child lives within the North Clondalkin geographic area.
- The child is (minimum) aged 7 and referred before they are aged 12.
- If the referral is accepted; parents will be required to have weekly contact with the team through home or Centre based visits where necessary.
- Completion of a referral form does not mean the referral is accepted or is appropriate to Dóchas Family Centre.
- Referrers are advised to contact Dóchas Family Centre to discuss making a referral in the first instance with the Director.
- Referral Form is completed in full with clear and accurate information.
- Referral information discussed with parents and parents must sign the referral.
- If a child is in foster care we cannot accept a referral unless we have written consent from the Social Worker.
Dóchas Family Centre provides family support at Level 3 of the Hardiker model.