When making a referral Dóchas require as much information as possible and recommend that all referrers involve the family in this process (if the family is not making a ‘self-referral’) and ask the parent/s to sign the form as their informed consent is required; if you need to put information on a separate piece of paper please do so.
Completing a Referral Form is the first step and a referral is accepted after Dóchas has completed a more detailed assessment to see if we can help. If we cannot provide the level of support a family needs we will refer that family back to the relevant referring agency or onto another support service (where possible). Dóchas will inform the family or referring agency.
Completed Referral Forms should be sent to: Claire McEwen, Director, Dochas Family Centre, Liscarne Gardens, Clondalkin Dublin D22 KF22
If you are still unsure about making a referral contact Claire, for an informal discussion on 01 623 4531
Criteria for Child & Family Work
- A Family identify a number of needs for which they require support.
- The child lives within the North Clondalkin geographic area.
- The child is (minimum) aged 7 and referred before they are aged 12.
- If the referral is accepted; parents will be required to have weekly contact with the team through home or Centre based visits where necessary.
- Completion of a referral form does not mean the referral is accepted or is appropriate to Dóchas Family Centre.
- Referrers are advised to contact Dóchas Family Centre to discuss making a referral in the first instance with the Director.
- Referral Form is completed in full with clear and accurate information.
- Referral information discussed with parents and parents must sign the referral.
- If a child is in foster care we cannot accept a referral unless we have written consent from the Social Worker.
- Note: Referrals for Art Therapy and Family Therapy service will involve additional steps to assess suitability. There is currently a wait list for these services.
Dóchas Family Centre provides family support at Level 3 of the Hardiker model and we link in with other agencies on a regular basis.